Mountain Project Map - Harpers Ferry

Monday, November 5, 2012

Fuse 5.9-

(Revised 11/21/12, see below)
It's been nearly 2 months since I've posted any news on Harpers Ferry rock climbing activity.
Though I'm sure there has been lots of climbing happening I have just one small news bit for you. John Kelbel shared with me, in late September, that he has a fun new start to
Black Powder on the Main Face. Link to Black Powder: http://www.mountainproject.com/v/black-powder/107735447
From Mountain Project, Black Powder route line

Compare John K's new description. It is close to the original start but varies enough to be independent, or so it appears to me.

John says "I found a fun 5.7 or 5.8 direct line to C-ramp and my line Black Powder.
The yellow line [in the new photo] is the new route and the end of the yellow line is the Start of Black Powder [upper/old photo]."

Update from John:
I just finished cleaning this line up and I called it “Fuse 5.9-“, and found a perfect pocket filled with dirt for a #3 TCU. At the start of Black Powder, there is not much there to anchor to but the gear is there if you hunt for it.  Any way, see Mountain Project http://www.mountainproject.com/v/fuse/107868207 for the details, especially the gear section as the gear is on the extreme ends of the normal rack. 


Hope your Fall season is a good one.
Thanks

No comments: