Mountain Project Map - Harpers Ferry

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Starlight Boulder Halloween '10

We made a return visit to Balcony Jr on Halloween. We'd already encountered a couple climbers at Balcony on our approach & upon arriving at our destination, we met Harpers Ferry local Steve bouldering on the Sunshine Wall (HERE, problems #13-19). After rigging a top rope on the arete at the Eastern end of the crag, I was able to snap a few pics of Steve doing Big Dipper on the Starlight Boulder . You can see this problem climbed in the Harpers Ferry Bouldering Video .







5 comments:

Conrad said...

Great to see some bouldering pics and learn about a new local. Thanks for the eye candy Carl, had no idea it was coming, super psyched this morning (my birthday). What a good present to see other people enjoying Harpers Ferry Rock Climbing and see my favorite boulder. I have a pic on the mantle place of the Starlight Boulder like it's a family member. I love chilling up there with the pine trees and the boulder and the great look out into the gorge with the river and Loudon Heights. Awesome.

Conrad said...

http://www.harpersferryclimbing.com/highlands.htm
Link to the Highlands where the Starlight Boulder sits.

semswiler said...

First, Happy Birthday, Conrad! I would be Harpers Ferry local Steve. I've been meaning to post on this thing for a while now. After meeting Carl and the gang on Halloween, I thought it would finally be a good idea!

P.S. I have some great fall foliage pics of the Highlands I'll be sending your way soon.

Conrad said...

Steve,
Thanks for posting.
Send your photos to conrad@harpersferryclimbing.com
I check once every 2 weeks give or take so I'll catch them eventually.
Where do you live? I grew up north or HF in Keedysville. Have you met Evan yet, he's in Harpers Ferry proper.

Carl said...

Happy Birthday, Conrad! Glad you enjoyed the post.

Good to see you here, Steve. If you want to climb sometime, you can contact me at cwo2@rockclimbing.com.