Mountain Project Map - Harpers Ferry

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Climbing Images

All of these images are borrowed from Rockclimbing.com .
The first two are old school. Even though I still use hexes when climbing these guys have the old school kind. Apparently the second image is Baby Burn. Next we have a distant view of the Main cliffs, then a view of an aid route called Spectacular Spectacle on the Train Tunnel Wall. The next photo looks up Hard Up on the main face. The last photo is a climber on Balcony Rock.
Enjoy

3 comments:

Carl said...

The two photos at the top are of Alex Badart, my friend's old climbing partner; they were responsible for some local FAs in the 80s. I believe the caption was 'Look Ma, no cams.'

808_the_man said...

Dude! I've been trying to get in touch with the author of this web page. I love climbing Maryland Heights, but I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone with any authority about the routes or what-not. I'd like to share notes. A few weeks ago, I put up a (FA?) ascent in the sign-route area. Please drop me a line:

me(at)danielsadventure(dot)info

Patrick said...

Im local in HF and need a climbing partner! Email me at mtmanwv@gmail.com. Hope to hear from someone.